Keeping fit! How to Keep Fit Without Visiting the Gym
Many people think that the only way they can get fit is if they sign up for a gym membership. The logic behind it is simple. They believe that if they spend money on a gym membership, they will be more committed. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Furthermore, there are many less expensive and more convenient ways to get in shape than simply going to a gym. Not only that, but also some gyms can create a very intimidating environment for people who are not already in good shape. Therefore, if you do not have the money to sign up for a gym membership or you feel intimidated by the muscular men and women lifting heavy weights, you should consider alternative ways to get in shape.
1. Jogging and walking. You do not need to strive to be the next winner of the Boston Marathon in order to enjoy jogging. In fact, you do not have to run marathons at all. Start with a small local 5k race and see how you do. Most local races welcome all levels of fitness. When you sign up for a race, you will be more likely to train consistently. Even going for a 10 minute jog or 30 minute walk is a good way to start your training.
2. Use the stairs as much as possible. Try to avoid using the elevator and you will find yourself burning more calories. Better yet, find a set of stairs somewhere and go up and down it 5 times to start with. As you get fitter, increase the number of times you go up and down the stairs. Not only is this good for your cardiovascular system, but it is also a great way to tone your legs and glutes.
3.Do bodyweight exercises at home. There is absolutely nothing that can stop you from doing push-ups, sit-ups, planks, squats, glute bridges and burpees at home. Start out slow and create a quick workout that you can do in 10 minutes. You can also do bodyweight exercises during commercial breaks when you are watching TV.
4. Create a dedicated workout area at home. A lot of people give away free fitness equipment, which is one way you can acquire it without having to pay big money for it. If you have room for a weight bench, a yoga mat and some dumbbells, you will be able to create a mini gym in your house. This means that you can do your workout without having to leave the comfort of your home.
5. Join a volunteer organization that helps people with disabilities find activity partners. If you are looking for a way to make a difference in someone's life as well as in your community, this is a great way to get out there and get active. Not only will you benefit from the activity itself, but you will also feel good about helping others.
6. Start a dog walking side business. You can make a bit of extra cash while at the same time getting active. Yes, there are people who will pay you to walk their dogs if they do not have time to do it themselves. If you love dogs and you enjoy walking, then why not get paid for it?
7. Park farther away from your destination. Most people have the tendency to park as close as possible to wherever it is that they are going. They do it because they do not want to walk as far. However, if you are looking to get fit without a gym, you need to seek ways to get moving as much as possible. This includes parking in less convenient places so that you have to walk.
Latest News & Updates - All
Wide range of cancers now linked to being overweight. "Increased risk of 11 types of cancer linked to being ...
"Curry could save your life." "Beetroot can fight dementia." "Asthma risk linked to burgers."
"Forget five a day, eat 10 portions of fruit and veg to cut risk of early death," The Guardian reports.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Diets filled with too much salt and not enough vegetables, fruits and whole grains contributed to 400,000 deaths in 2015